Monday, August 10, 2015

The Mom Quilt Project

As wonderful as motherhood is, it can be extremely challenging.  When I started blogging my motivation was to share my personal 'truths' about motherhood - good and bad - and where ever possible help others find the humor within their family lives.  The 'truth', however, is that sometimes there is no humor to be found.

In my quest to share my 'truths' with others, I came across an opportunity to support, uplift and encourage other women and mothers. There was a call for submissions from a remarkable group of women for articles concerning motherhood; articles that would allow mommys like myself to share their personal stories, and in so doing help other women and mothers who are not in a position to help themselves.

Over 60 women and bloggers were chosen as contributing authors to share their stories about motherhood in an E-book entitled 'The Mom Quilt'.   I am honored to have been one of them. My story - Acceptance - is a glimpse into the life of my beautiful daughter who lives with Autism Spectrum Disorder. 

During my life there have been several instances where the kindness, strength and support of other women - some of whom were strangers to me - is what helped me through when I was unable to help myself.  In sharing my family's story, I wanted to 'pay it forward'; to support and uplift women and help them see that even in the face of adversity and challenge, we can always find hope and beauty.

100% of the proceeds from the sale of this E-book will go towards building a water well for those women, mothers, and children in Kenya who call Mercy House home. This is a chance for us to help those mothers, and mothers-to-be, in circumstances beyond their control.  

Please take this opportunity to help those who are not in a position to help themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment